Thursday 24 March 2016

It's been a good winter...


The winter is a time to reflect, decide and devote some time to what you want and aim to achieve for the year. This winter, well since around October I have been making some changes that will hopefully prove critical this year. I have decided to rave longer distance this year and aim for 70.3 races as the main goes of the year, but I have also aimed to make sure I look aftermyself, make better decisions and do things for a reason and perpus to follow a plan and make decisions to ensure that 2016 is a good year. 

I have changed my diet, lifestyle and training to suit the demands of the sport that is triathlon and ensure that I am the best athlete I can be. I have started strength and conditioning again and now I am recovering better, it actually sinks in. I keep my glycogen stores high and this allows me to recover and train hard again. Something I was not doing and have not been doing very well for the past 12 months! 


I have had a good winter and this has allowed me to cycle well during winter reliability rides. Most recently the http://www.echeloncycles.co.uk reliability. It was a 68mile ride taking in Malvern,Tewkesbury and Brendon with some serious climbing. I was happy that I was able to race well and I was able to stay with the front group....just about, through the climbs. Felt very happy with the effort and made me realise that the winter may have been a good one. 

My live for baking is still very high and I have and always will continue to bake recovery and energy fuel for my training. 



Above is a great protein cake recipe, which will be up soon using some great produces form 


This one is a great banana and choc chip polenta cake. So delicious and perfect for  a post training (although needs to be a tough session) glycogen booster! 

Back to running......

Not this just hurts, I'm slow and it's annoying. But I do see light at the end of the tunnel. I am trying hard not to over do things and make sure I come back stronger, but my legs are certainly fighting back and are not quite expecting the same as my brain would like. But I must be patient and we will see what happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment