Friday 11 March 2016

Just a quick one to get the ball rolling......Running again, Sunrise HILLLLL

Its about time I caught up and sent out a blog, although I have to be honest I haven't wanted to due to another run injury taking a lot longer than I wanted it to.....not fun!

SO HAPPY IM RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I must say a huge thank you to Mindy at 206phyiotherapy http://www.206therapy.co.uk/  for the best physio work I have had, it was a long road to getting me back running, but we got there and now feeling as though I am over the worst of it and ready to start my year properly.



Turning a negative into a positive is very important, and I had to do this as I wasn't running so I diving (literally) both feet into swimming, and have not become a stronger swimmer than every before. I am entering 70.3 races this year, I have 2 on the cards and in the calendar and now the builds can begin. I am swimming and cycling better than ever, I have to now just concentrate on my running and not make any mistakes.


Pulsin

Over the winter I was able to do some blogs for Pulsin....have a look.

http://www.pulsin.co.uk/blog/fitness/top-tips-for-running/



Banbury 23m Hilly TT

Well what can I say other than, what a hill! literally 19miles in you hit this huge till 16% average...man alive it just goes up and up. This was the first real race of the year and it as a very fun race to have a go at. Started off into a huge head wind and to be honest if I wasn't feeling good I would have struggled, as I hate head winds. Watts were good and really enjoyed it, flying down the hill was great fun but the thought of coming back up it was not good. Hit the turn around point and headed back with the hill in the back of my mind the whole time. I hit the hill and it was tough, dragging a disc up the hill was really hard but also good practise for Little mountain TT in a few weeks.

The race was great fun, a little cold but happy with how it went. Felt good, and have recovered well, which is also a great plus. Need to make sure I stay fit and strong this year and have a solid season.








Riding for Echelon team rotor http://www.echeloncycles.co.uk/ is going to be a huge honour this year and cannot wait to start performing and racing consistently and racing to a high standard.



 
 
 
 
I couldn't resist but get a little bit of baking in here! I will be updating the recipes in my blog soon, I have decided I am certainly not gluten, wheat and dairy free, but do watch my intake of all closely. So new recipes will be coming soon watch this space.  http://danielgeislertri.blogspot.co.uk/p/recipes.html.
 
 


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment