Thursday 6 February 2014

Pneumonia!!!!!


 
This past week has been one of the toughest weeks of my sporting carer. I will now tell you why….

 

I was feeling a little run down for the whole of the last week in January. Putting it down to nothing more than having a cold and a little man flu, I continued to train and all was ok. I then got very ill, cough horrid things up and not feeling well at all. I has to take a day off training (which hasn’t happened unless it was due to it being scheduled for a long long time). The day after (1.2.14) was to be a horrid day, woke up feeling worse and decided to see the doctor. He carried out a few tests asked a few questions, heard some harsh cracking when I breath in my lungs. He then diagnosed me as having pneumonia! WONDERFUL!!


 

I was told to rest, rest and rest again. Although this did seem like very generic advice and the doctor didn’t seem to even brink when I tried to ask about training again. Didn’t care, but then again why should he? he did his job……you have pneumonia, now cya later…….oh any you need to go to the hospital for some tests. Thanks doc!

 

It was 6 days into an inactive week and now I am wondering what to do. Unfortunately Dambuster (World Duathlon Qualifier is looming 8.3.14) and I am now inactive, and very frustrated.

 

I am now waiting in the wings to et back into training and can wait for sessions to start, but will this hold me back? will it come back? will it make is worse if I don’t time sessions right? am I rushing it? Lots of questions that almost cannot be answered without a little bit of lets just two feet in attitude!

 

What do people do without exercise in their lives? if offers so much to the sole and to life. It puts most things into perspective, it allows you to de-stress, unwind and relax. It takes cares and worries away, allows you to think and reflect on everything. It offers friendships, laughs and enjoyment. Although most of my sessions don’t allow for this, the ones that do are well worth it.   

 

I will be starting some easy training towards the end of the week and can’t wait. I hope it goes well and I get back onto the steep road to recovery.

 

 

Watch this space for some new recipes in production…….  

No comments:

Post a Comment