Friday 28 February 2014

Bike Fit



During February whist still under the influences of pneumonia, I decided the only real kind of training I could do was to make gains by correcting technical things that might be wrong. I decided to invest in a bike fit. It thought it would be best to get set up correctly on my time trail bike to ensure that I would be able to maximize my speed and efficiency.    

I choose to go to SPC Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic where they offer a great technical service. I arrived with my time trial bike expecting to not change to much, maybe higher my seat a little as I have felt as though I needed to anyways. But my seat height wasn't really the problem, it was the front end.

The service I received from the clinic was exceptional; there was a pre-analysis before the fit to find any weakness in my body. Then moved onto the fitting, everything that was changed was explained with sound and technical knowledge.

As you can see from the images below I changed a lot on the front end, lowered my bars to sit on the frame, which allowed me to be lower and more aero on the front end. It felt a lot more comfortable and measured up to be more efficient. I went from a 90mm stem to a 80mm stem and it made big difference. 






Since the bike fit I have been able to cycle more comfortably and push what feels like more power through the pedals. Although this will soon be tested once the time trial and race season commences. 





No comments:

Post a Comment