Saturday 14 May 2016

Lots of racing....Tewksbury 5th, Worcester 6th, phenix 3rd tri reports....

Lots of racing this past few weeks, lots!  




Tewksbury sprint triathlon 

I was so happy that the weather was so much warmer than a month prior. I lost much much time due to the cold temperature and having to put a jacket on. So that was a good start to the day!

Now this race as the all racing this month is just part of a build and it's hard to compute some times that times are not going to be quite there due to tired ness from the week and the fact I have not rested for the event. But still important to give it everything on the day.

My swim was the fastest 400m I have swam in ages. 6.40. And for me that is fast hahah. But want and need faster, it isn't competative especially when the faster boys are swimming sub 6! It's hard to get that back on the bike and run in a sprint race! 

T1- went well, fast change and out! No messing. 

The bike was faster than I had previously put together 2 years ago, signs of improvement. Which was nice so see! Went hard but being tired I felt it! 

T2-struggled a little with trainers. Needs improving. 

Run was solid, but not fast. Need faster, will get faster just need to be patient and give it time! 

All part of the build....next step- Worcester standard tri! 

Worcester standard triathlon - 

Now this was always going to be a tough race looking back, and truthfully I underestimated it for sure no taper as these races are all part of a build and this was my longest open water swim in a very long time. 

1500m - cold is the only thoughts that I instantly had, it was tough to swim and k find the cold very hard to swim in. Swim was neither here or there. Was okay, dropped a few mins on the faster swimmers but that is certainly to be expected. Came out and was happy to get myself into T1. 

T1 - not that smooth, need to work on the wetsuit change, chain comes off as I jump on, but away we go. 

Bike - 39miles 

HILLY! Underestimated this bike leg attached it like a sprint and after the 1500m, it kicked me in the ass! Didn't fuel properly and paid for it, after 20m I was literally going backwards. No real power and couldn't wait to get off the bike! Did not enjoy it nor did it go well! 

T2- 

Not fast again, couldn't get trainers on, lots of room for improvement! 

Run 10k 

Went well, even after struggling on the bike. Grassy run, but felt smooth. Ran myself into a half decent place of 6th! So that was the highlight of the day!




All in all, disappointing really! 

Ragley hall - phenix tri -



Now this was an important race due to the fact it is at the same venue as my 70.3 on 5th June. So becoming familiar with the venue was key. 

Now the standard was okay, Miss Jodie Stimpson, yes the commy gold medalist was racing, and she is a lovely lady! Great to meet her and talk training, racing and life! 

This race went better.....

Swim - 750m 

Agajn the cold bit me in the ass, literally! My glutes really struggle in the cold. Came out, 30th, ran past 5+ on the way to transition.

T1-

Dam wetsuit, managed to struggle again and need to nail this. Will do. Took along time to get it off! 

Bike 20k

Managed to just about hold he tiredness together and bike reasonably well, had a decent bike split and was happy to take back quite a few places. Working my way through....

T2-

RAPID! Finally a fast change, smooths be off for the hilly, rutted and lumpy 5k! Ran past more people, really thought I was around 8th in the race and happy to keep chaseing. Turn out I was 4th after 2k and chasing 4th down. Ran past 4th with 500m to go and finalised 3rd. Behind a rapid cycling and miss Jodie Stimpson. 

Now that's better....but still improvement to be made and time to be saved for the 70.3! 

5th JUNE....here we come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment