Monday 29 September 2014



I have recently had the pleasure of working with Power bar to test some new products they are going to launch into the UK soon. They are a European based company and after meeting with some of there representatives at the cycle show at the NEC I have understood that they want to establish themselves with this product but at current don’t offer a range of flavours that agree with the UK branding and racing community.



The three flavours of the sports product I have tried are blackcurrant, lemon and tonics water. The product has been designed to increase performance both in training and racing, and help you get the most out of every second.

Blackcurrant: This was the best of the three flavours and defiantly my favourite. I found this very easy on the stomach and didn’t get any kick back from drinking it through speed and endurance based training. The product helped my performance during a bike TT interval session allowing me to recover sufficiently during each rest period.

Tonic water: This product had an added caffeine kick, and was defiantly evident when I was training. It gave me the added kick during a long bike TT effort to get the maximal from myself and stay focused and push through the whole effort. The caffeine kick was evident but wasn’t overwhelming in taste. Although the tonic taste wont suit everyone but majority will like it.


Lemon: This taste was actually a very nice taste and performed much like the blackcurrant, the flavour of lemon was suttle and the performance advantages were also very good. I used this when I did a very tough track session and the hydration benefits were very good. I was very impressed with the way that my body reacted to the drink and was able to continue to push through till the end of the session. It was light on the stomach and didn’t give me any after effects.

All in all they were three good products, I am undecided if people will enjoy the tonic flavour, but the lemon and the blackcurrant are defiantly going to be popular with UK customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment