Saturday 1 October 2016

Vituvian age group disappointments....

To be honest with myself this is the first time I have really wanted to even think about writing about just how disappointed I was with my performance at the national 70.3 champs....it's taken a lot of time to really want to reflect. 

After a great summer of training I was able to carry some great training through, ran, cycled and swam better than ever. But...I was tired and was ready for a taper. Now as a lot of athletes do, they overload, train hard and rest the week before and event. But I was in pain and deep in fatigue. Too deep! But was confident that the taper would suffice...but it didn't. I went into the race at that I thought was a fresh state, but it wasn't. I could still feel my legs are not great but I hoped that it was the weather and nerves makes me feel rubbish. 

The weather oh the weather...it rained from the 6am sign on until, well until the next day! Biblical weather, horrible rain and at times cold. Just not nice racing conditions and made worse as I felt like I was struggling! 

Swim - this actually went okay, fastest I have swam a 1900m open water before and even involved getting out the water and run across the jetty and back into the water. 

Bike - this is where it all fell apart. I literally felt like getting off! The actual pain in my legs was almost unbearable, I just new it was going to be a long day on the bike during the first 10miles. My legs were just not there, i was soaking wet and feeling very sorry for myself. My power was low and my legs were heavy, things were not good at all. I was elated to get off the bike, but just didn't know what my legs would have. 

Run - only saving grace of the day. I did the 21k in 1.19 and some change. How this happened after struggling on the bike so much I don't know. The rain continued to pour down, but I just carried on running the faster I ran the sooner it would all be over! That's all I kept thinking! 

All in all not what I wanted at all, at all, at all! And as a wise girl said, you only feel you are as good as your last performance and in my eyes at the moment I am struggling! 

Anyways, one more race left for the season 9th October, tomorrow! 

Storm the fort duathlon. 20k run-100k bike-11k run! Gonna be a mega day out 5+ hours, but as log as I race well and am happy with my performance then that is all I can ask for and I will be happy. Only time will tell. 

http://stormthefortduathlon.com



National champs was such a shame, I am happy with my year 10m, 25m tt lbs. 10k pb and consistent performances. This was the worst perpfmance of the year, just one to love on and forget! 

Move on and stay strong....tomorrow is another day! Literally the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment