Friday 5 June 2015

Crash bang wollop! NO RUNNING....NOOOO! New BIke....

It was the hardest crash of my life, I have never hit the deck quite so hard! The impact was heavy and my instant reaction was to shake it off and carry on, I was soaked through due to the constant hard rain and now freezing cold. I was 9 miles into the 19.5 TT and I was banged up bad, my elbow hurt like hell and my knee was bleeding quite heavily, but I also knew that the only way that I could get back to the start was to ride. So I made sure I was ok, I could move everything without too much pain and the bike was ok, so I got back on and continued along the route....but man I was cold and battered!



Now as I was heading back towards the finish for the 19.5 TT I could sense that my body temperature was dropping very low and I could feel that the effort from cycling was becoming more and more painful, although due to the cold I didnt feel any pain from my injuries and finished with no pain at all due to how cold I was. I finished and had another cyclist pull off my sleeve, it was then it became apparent that my elbow was extremely damaged and needed medical attention. I was rushed to A and E and there it was x-rayed within 5mins of waiting (very quick service). I then sat back down and tried my best to get warm again....this turned out to be my demise. I started to feel my fingers and toes and then the shock and pain came....I was sick with about 30mins of sitting down getting warm again! the pain was horrid and rather overwhelming. After being sick they called me back in to tell me that I had no breaks which was extremely lucky, I was so happy!

I arrived home in some state, but it would not be till a few days when I tried to run again that I would realise the how much damage the impact had caused. I have not been able to run since and have seen a physio who has now advised me to lay off running until this evening 3.6.15....I am writing this praying it will be ok. I will also be writing what happens tomorrow.....



5.6.15

And the run went terribly....back to the physio it is! oh man its frustrating! Physio now feels that I have inflamed it and will cause me problems for a few days.









Always love getting a delivery from my sponsor. Trying new hemp protein, this is slower release and can be used to aid recovery over night. Its a wicked green colour but it is defiantly helping me to add more protein to my diet.






 Best man duties......






New Bike 


Watch this space, I have a new bike on the way and its gonna help me push to actually get some PB's....I hope it will help me start to make some new PB's.










Until the crash training was going really well and since it has been tough but I am constantly working hard with the help from my fantastic coach www.mattbottrillperformancecoaching.com  and my great sponsors www.pulsin.co.uk I am always trying to achieve and improve very week. I have targets to hit and goals to work towards, but you must remember that it must be enjoyable to work towards these.

                                         








No comments:

Post a Comment