Tuesday 10 December 2013

X Country Birmingham league 7.10.13


Worcester Athletics; Birmingham League: Hinkley




Saturday 7th December was the 2nd X country meet for the Birmingham League. Worcester Athletics had put in a decent performance as a team in the 1st meet at Leomington and were hoping to build on this. The weather was clear and quite pleasant, the ground was good to soft and the course looked like it would be fast (it was). The course only had one major hill in it and was 80%, although it was very muddy in places.


As normal the race started off at a frightening pace as always, in this instance it was even faster due to the flat course. I found myself struggling a little from the go ahead, although my positioning was good and the first lap went quite well. After this I found my stride and warmed into the race a little, but still found it very tough. The extra wet mud made it difficult to find grip and with a bad choice of small length spikes, footing was hard to find during areas of the course.

After a long training week it was always going to be a tough race, and using it as only a training exercise it is always a hard task to break into the pain bank. Into the last lap I was able to grab a couple of places back after loosing some during the second lap, and finished with a slow canter due to HR already being high and my quads screaming at me. All in all I found cross country to be one of the hardest I have done to date and was able to grab a respectable 28/291.


Next week; Gloucester League - Malvern 14.12.12 (last race of 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment